move object to specific Y or X coordinate location?

hi

when i want to predefine the position of the object im about to place i use # 0 0 in the command line. but what if i want to move an object to a specific point in Y axis but want to keep the x axis as is?

can i do it?

Thanks

You can do this quite easily.

I like using QuickProperties, and am using it in the screenshots.

It could also be done with Properties, but I greatly prefer the customizable interface available in Quick Properties. In this way it only displays the information which I might typically need, as defined by different object types. No more, no less. Available on the fly. In order to realize the full potential a user will need to spend a few minutes tweaking it to your own personal preferences. Right click on the left side of the Quick Properties display, and choose Customize, which will take you to the second screen shot, where within the CUI, you work your way through the list of different object types, and select only those properties which you want to be displayed for each different object type. Once you have done that, you can use the Quick Properties Settings (from the previous drop down menu) to set the display on your screen as you want it to work. I leave mine running all the time, and have it set to only display properties for those objects which I have already customized. I don't work with meshes, for instance, so if I should click on one, it won't display at all.

Just enter your desired Y value, and you are good to go.

Samifox point definition.jpg

samifox point 2.jpg

samifox point 1.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

You can do this quite easily.

I like using QuickProperties, and am using it in the screenshots.

It could also be done with Properties, but I greatly prefer the customizable interface available in Quick Properties. In this way it only displays the information which I might typically need, as defined by different object types. No more, no less. Available on the fly. In order to realize the full potential a user will need to spend a few minutes tweaking it to your own personal preferences. Right click on the left side of the Quick Properties display, and choose Customize, which will take you to the second screen shot, where within the CUI, you work your way through the list of different object types, and select only those properties which you want to be displayed for each different object type. Once you have done that, you can use the Quick Properties Settings (from the previous drop down menu) to set the display on your screen as you want it to work. I leave mine running all the time, and have it set to only display properties for those objects which I have already customized. I don't work with meshes, for instance, so if I should click on one, it won't display at all.

Just enter your desired Y value, and you are good to go.

following your method, i need to go to a specific Y coordinate + 290.10,

i need always a calculator by my side

is there a way to add a formula to the Y position property?

Looks like the example shown is misleading. If the point Y location is 290 and you want it on 340 you change that in properties to 340, no math needed.

Looks like the example shown is misleading. If the point Y location is 290 and you want it on 340 you change that in properties to 340, no math needed.

I just grabbed that, as it was the OP's own .dwg posted from another earlier thread, meant to show where the change would be made.

I agree. :beer:

I revisited and edited that earlier post and screenshots for clarity.

It now sets a better example.

Edited by Dadgad

ok. my field shows absolute level , meaning for example , 290.10 + my respective level - absolute level,

so in order to move that level to say 291.00, i need to find out what is 291.00 - 290.10 = 90.

than ill move it 90 units in order to get 291.00.

my question , is there a way i can write in the Y property 291,

and autocad will know to do the math for me?

ok. my field shows absolute level , meaning for example , 290.10 + my respective level - absolute level,

so in order to move that level to say 291.00, i need to find out what is 291.00 - 290.10 = 90.

than ill move it 90 units in order to get 291.00.

my question , is there a way i can write in the Y property 291,

and autocad will know to do the math for me?

291 - 290.10 does not equal 90, it equals 0.90.

In order to get 291, it would only be moved 0.90.

It can be done by merely changing in the Quick Properties, or Properties, the Position Y value to 291. :|

calculation.JPG

That's what I wanted to avoid. To do the math. If I want to move to 291.00 that what I want to write in the Y position

Sent from my MOBIX M6 using Tapatalk

That's what I wanted to avoid. To do the math. If I want to move to 291.00 that what I want to write in the Y position

Yes, EXACTLY! Just write the value that you want for the Y axis, whatever it is, into that Position Y space in Quick Properties, or Properties. Done deal. :|

I'm not sure I got it. How AutoCAD know that my 0.00 is 191.10?

I'm not sure I got it. How AutoCAD know that my 0.00 is 191.10?

Sorry, I misunderstood, Autocad doesn't know that, fortunately you do.

Must be a way to tell AutoCAD "my 0.00 is 291.10"

I don't understand the confusion. You type the Y position you need into the property field named Y Position. Done, finished, complete, finito. No math, no muss, no fuss.

I get the feeling you haven't explained your question thoroughly, maybe take another run at it and post a drawing.

I have not used this lisp by Lee Mac, but it may do what you need.

Assuming that there is a compelling reason why you can't just put your 0.00 at 0.00.

If you do are at liberty to do that, it would make your life SO MUCH easier.

http://www.lee-mac.com/fieldmath.html

Thanks Lee! :beer:

following your method, i need to go to a specific Y coordinate + 290.10,

i need always a calculator by my side

is there a way to add a formula to the Y position property?

Alternatively to Lee's lisp, just use the Quick Calculator found in your right click shortcut menu, set it so that it auto collapses, and expands when your mouse moves over it, or perhaps you would prefer to just leave it open.

Set your MS (Memory Store) value on the Quick Calculator to 290.1 .

Enter the Delta value you want for the change of Y value on the calculator input field, from your 0.00 value (which is represented by the Memory Stored value of 290.1) to the next value for it, then push M+, and the answer will immediately be spit out, no need to even hit the = key. Not so difficult, and done on screen, without breaking your rhythm in a big way.

For a subsequent Y position, just hit MS on the calculator, then hit C to clear the input field, then repeat the process with the next Y value, Rinse & Repeat, ad nauseum.

Remember that after you hit M+, your next Y value will be diplayed.

This value should then be stored into the memory by hitting MS, before clearing the input field and adding your next Y increment.

In this way let the Calculator help you. Give it a shot, you may find it useful. :|

Edited by Dadgad