Aligning centres quickly

rock1

I have five rectangles as closed polylines. Is there a quick way to align their centres vertically quickly as shown in the screenshot? I am currently making a vertical line passing through one of the centres of rectangle and then moving individual rectangles one by one.

rectangle.jpg

Hi,

Written in haste.

(defun c:Test (/ sel int ent pts lst l r x)
 ;;------------------------------------;;
 ;; Tharwat - Date: 02.June.2017	;;
 ;;------------------------------------;;
 (if (setq sel (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "LWPOLYLINE[color="magenta"],CIRCLE[/color]"))))
   (progn
     (repeat (setq int (sslength sel))
       (setq ent (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname sel (setq int (1- int))))
       )
       (vla-getboundingbox ent 'l 'r)
       (setq pts (mapcar 'vlax-safearray->list (list l r))
             lst (cons (list (mapcar '(lambda (q p) (/ (+ q p) 2.0)) (car pts) (cadr pts) ) ent ) lst ) )
       )
     (setq l (vl-sort lst '(lambda (a b) (> (cadar a) (cadar b))))
           x (caaar l)
          )
     (foreach obj (cdr l)
       (vla-move (cadr obj) (vlax-3d-point (car obj)) (vlax-3d-point (list x (cadr (car obj)) 0.)))
     )
   )
 )
 (princ)
) (vl-load-com)

Edited by Tharwat
Added a Circle object name to codes

If you can use the VBA ?

In archive macro - AlingSquare.dvb

How do I use this? Please give a step by step method

I don't know how to use this code.

Copy the codes into a txt file and save it with .lsp format. eg: Test.lsp then go back to AutoCAD and call the command APPLOAD or just AP then select the newly created lisp file.

Now type Test in AutoCAD and select the fore-said polylines as shown into your first post.

Waiting for your kind reply.

Copy the codes into a txt file and save it with .lsp format. eg: Test.lsp then go back to AutoCAD and call the command APPLOAD or just AP then select the newly created lisp file.

Now type Test in AutoCAD and select the fore-said polylines as shown into your first post.

Waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks. :) It works only for rectangles, polygons and any irregularly shaped closed polyline. However, I tried your lsp with circles and it did not work.

Thanks. :) It works only for rectangles, polygons and any irregularly shaped closed polyline. However, I tried your lsp with circles and it did not work.

Nicely done Tharwat! :)

Are you disappointed that it only does EXACTLY what you asked for,

and fails to do everything else that you didn't?

As the saying goes, "Be careful what you ask for, you might get it." :|

Circles are a piece of cake, no lisp required, see screenshot.

Just Select all the circles you want to align, enter the value you want them to all have in their Center X field in Properties, or Quick Properties.

The column of circles on the right has had a single value entered into that field.

align circles with quick properties.JPG

If you can use the VBA ?

In archive macro - AlingSquare.dvb

I am getting the following error when I try to load your dvb file.

ERROR.png

Are you disappointed that it only does EXACTLY what you asked for,

and fails to do everything else that you didn't?

As the saying goes, "Be careful what you ask for, you might get it." :|

Circles are a piece of cake, no lisp required, see screenshot.

Just Select all the circles you want to align, enter the value you want them to all have in their Center X field in Properties, or Quick Properties.

The column of circles on the right has had a single value entered into that field.

Oh! Thanks! :) Is there a way I can align all the circles by just specifying one circle and aligning all the rest of others with its centre without manually entering it? I'm asking for this because I have used alignments of centres, lefts, bottoms and tops in Adobe PHotoshop and Illustrator and they have a very fast method of aligning objects with respect to one object, page or selection. I'm looking for such commands here.

You are welcome. :)

Nicely done Tharwat! :)

Thank you Dadgad. :)

@rock1,

Just add Circle object name in the selection set with comma in prior as follows :

(setq sel (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "LWPOLYLINE[color="magenta"][b],CIRCLE[/b][/color]"))))

Do you have a vba installed?

I don't know. Maybe it got installed with autocad or any microsoft product automatically. I dont see it listed in my installed programs list in the control panel

Because of this, people are thinking that I know codes, techie language stuff of autocad. I'm an architect with zero knowledge of computer language, scripts, codes, etc.

What you want to do requires programming, you don't have to know anything about coding, just learn to save and execute them. Your thread belongs here.

If the OP has AutoCAD 2012 and doesn't already have the VBA module they will need to upgrade, it is no longer available for AutoCAD 2013 and older.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Unable-to-download-VBA-Enabler-for-previous-versions-of-AutoCAD.html