Lisp or Plugin for inputting dimensions to excel on on fly

FireACAD

Hi I would like to write a list or .net for inputting dimensions on the fly into a excel spread sheet. I create fabrication sheets (spool sheets) for pipes for the fire protection industry. Which basically means I have to describe each pipe in test format, this gets very tedious and mistakes creep in. So what I would like to do is in AutoCad type in DI and start clinking from point to point ( the dimensions need to be running) each point is inserted into a new cell on the same row? Can this be done?

1 yes

2 use (getpoint) (getpoint) for the distance hint there "distance"

3 write to excel using one of the many excel code examples out there I found Getexcel.lsp very usefull.

Have to do some work now will see if later I have some time.

Thank you here is what I am trying to achieve

Attached DWG of a pipe represented by a line, each point on the line represents a fitting for instance a 15mm weldolet in facing down. In this example the pipe is 6200mm long, I want to input the distances into excel automatically. The attached sheet shows the format for now I just want to get the distance (highlighted in green). In the future I would like AutoCAD to prompt the user to input a value after the distance is imputed automatically.

Again appreciate any input your original comments has been a great starting point.

SAMPLE 1.xlsx

sample 1.dwg