Greetings in the command line

Russello

Hi. I've been working on a "greeting" everytime I start up autocad. I wrote it in my acad.lsp file and using the function princ.

(princ "\HELLO WORLD")

It does appear in the command line after the start up but lines that says: "AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.*Cancel*"

"Command: *Cancel*"

"_RIBBON"

also appear. Is there a way these lines (phrases) won't appear, and only the phrase I wrote on my acad.lsp will appear?

Hi guran. Typo error, (princ "\nHELLO WORLD") was the code. My concern is after the phrase "hello world" appears, the phrases and lines:

"AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.*Cancel*"

"Command: *Cancel*"

"_RIBBON"

appear, is there a way to kept this phrases not appearing in the command line after the Hello world phrase?

hehehe its okay. I just want to delete the lines appearing after my Hello World. Because I saw some lisp routine doing it, but encrypted so I dont know how.

I doubt the lines you don't want to see are being deleted. I suspect however that they are being suppressed (i.e. - not displayed on screen).

Thanks sir Lee Mac, that helped a lot. :)

That wont appear in the comman line but will prompt a window but that was also a clever and nice idea. Thanks :)

Another I have this set for various meassages using the user id as reminder to others.

(setvar "modemacro" "Hello world is it not a nice day")

Or for a bit of fun why not a sound greeting each time you open Autocad I think it was Grr that started me on using this one.

(defun SpeakSapi ( s / sapi )
   (if (eq (type s) 'STR)
     (progn
       (setq sapi (vlax-create-object "Sapi.SpVoice"))
       (vlax-put sapi 'SynchronousSpeakTimeout 1)
       (vlax-invoke-method sapi 'WaitUntilDone 0)
       (vlax-invoke sapi "Speak" s 0)
       (vlax-release-object sapi)
     )
   )
)
(speaksapi "please remain seated during your Autocad session do not leave work area")

I can just see all the messages for incorrect pick of objects

(speaksapi "Arcs are like a banana ... please pick again")
(speaksapi "Dimensions the thing with the arrows on each end ... pick again")
(speaksapi "You picked incorrectly ...  have another go")
(speaksapi "Circles are what happens when you spin around when sitting on your chair ... pick again")

Edited by BIGAL