Fastnest Dxf to Dxf Help

Alabamaranger

I am trying to save my file in a dxf file so I can take it to my laser cutter. I have it set up as DXF input to a DXF output in the settings.

Now I nested my parts and when I use using "Output" - "Generate Output" and I select any of the options, I get the Fastnest drawing plot border and the outline of my plate in the dxf file. I just want the parts without the fastnest drawing border. How can I get a clean dxf file?

Are you using Solidworks? Is the 2D program you are using Draftsight Pro?

I believe you posted previously here about Fastnest problems, there should be a way to convert the dxf with just the parts in Fastnest, did you contact them or look through the help files?

I did a dxf file from solidworks. I loaded them into FastNest to nest the files. It worked good. Now when trying to get the nest into a dxf file without all of the Fastnest drawing border is the problem.

I am not familiar with Fastnest, but I would think there would be a way to export without the border.

Maybe a dxf expert will come around and give you some hints on removing the portion you need removed straight from the text file.

You still didn't answer on your 2D editor, not sure a LISP will help you, but you should be able to open the dxf in any 2d editor and delete what you want removed.