Custom Sprite DCL Tiles

adbuckn2

I had a conversation with a fellow CAD operator a few months ago and came across a question. Is it possible to create a DCL file that utilizes custom sprites as clickable entities? The idea is that the DCL window would show a dozen or so slide images and the user would click on the desired image to trigger the next part of the code. I know that I could show the images and place radio buttons next to them, but I feel that this could be a bit clunky. Any thoughts?

If your happy going back to the dumb way you can use menus that auto fill slides and you just pick, if you can type in notepad and make slides you are 99% of the way there. You can have multiple pages etc. On the flip slide using dcl I have 2x2 3x3 4x3 etc dcls. Post if you wnat more info.

Nice one RLX

Screen Shot 01-24-18 at 01.25 PM.PNG

If your happy going back to the dumb way you can use menus that auto fill slides and you just pick, if you can type in notepad and make slides you are 99% of the way there. You can have multiple pages etc. On the flip slide using dcl I have 2x2 3x3 4x3 etc dcls. Post if you wnat more info.

Nice one RLX

Thanx Bigal... I agree that standard autocad slide menu's are the most simple and direct way to go. Just wanted to try something else. It was either that or watch Darts with the wife and go mad... gr.Rlx

Rlx, I know I said it before, but your dialogs are insanely impressive! :thumbsup:

Sadly I still don't have enough time to explore your coding, and finish my rewritten versions of your ideas.

Such as the rlx_tokkie one - man thats out of the box thinking!

ListBox-With-Toggles.gif

ListBox With Buttons.jpg

I keep this revision in my archive, since the last summer (or the previous) Not sure - with everyday coding time files, but when/as soon I finish it will post it.

Rlx, I know I said it before, but your dialogs are insanely impressive! :thumbsup:

Sadly I still don't have enough time to explore your coding, and finish my rewritten versions of your ideas.

Such as the rlx_tokkie one - man thats out of the box thinking!

I keep this revision in my archive, since the last summer (or the previous) Not sure - with everyday coding time files, but when/as soon I finish it will post it.

Well thank you Grrr (again) :-)

Often, most of my effort goes into the interface itself and not the coding , so some of my apps are really old and vanilla but because they feel so good I keep using them despite by now I would be able to completely rewrite them. My first step is always , how do I want my app to look like and then work my way back. And sometimes this means learning or trying something new.

:beer:

Even today I was asked to add another image to our collection, something that we use often. Its just the problem of getting others around me to suggest they want something that makes it easier for every one.

adbuckn2 its your turn now.