Select all in model space

Steven P

good afternoon,

and sorry if I am being stupid today (in my defence, a long 4 day weekend just finished this morning)

I want to select everything in modelspace, how do I do that with LISP?

I can get everything in the drawing with (ssget "x") but I am not sure how to just get the objects drawn in model space (ie everything but the border)

(I am wanting to make up a very simple routine to put everything in model space to layer 0, but keep the borders as they are on their layers, which I can run when the drawing opens and with no human interaction)

Thanks and appologies for a simple question

The "A" mode string omits objects on frozen layers, it will still include objects in all layouts - see this reference.

Missed the frozen layers thing, Lee - thanks for the correction. About the layouts, I don't have AutoCAD to check this out but when I use the "A" mode in BricsCAD from model space it ignores the entities on the layouts, whereas "X" will grab entities from both model and layouts.

Maybe somebody could check that for me in AutoCAD?

Wow! This is what I get for not keeping up on version updates. This was fixed a while back:

Version 15.1.11 (BricsCAD)

"SR48908 - LISP/SDS/BRX : ssget("A") did only select entities from active layout/space, instead of from any layout/space."

Way to go, BricsCAD!

• 2 years later...

Well now "A" AND "_A" IN BRICSCAD works like Autocad and selects in model and paperspace. how do I use the code below? Where do I put the variable I want to fill with data? Could you show it in a sample? I know the thread is old so not hopeful for a response

(ssget "_x" '((410 . "Model")))

2 hours ago, betazero said:

Well now "A" AND "_A" IN BRICSCAD works like Autocad and selects in model and paperspace. how do I use the code below? Where do I put the variable I want to fill with data? Could you show it in a sample? I know the thread is old so not hopeful for a response

(ssget "_x" '((410 . "Model")))

(setq ss (ssget "_X" '((410 . "Model"))))