Turning off all hatches in an XREF?

andyr74

I have a project where I have +-10 architectural dwg-files that I need to use as an XREF (1 dwg = buildinglevel). These dwg's weren't created with autocad.

The problems are:

- these dwg's consist of a lot of blocks = blocks in blocks in blocks,...

- walls are hatched with a solid and a pattern (both in the same layer)

In my drawing I set all layers of the XREFs in grey.

But some of the solid hatches are now the same color as my solid hatches I use. (= a bit confusing) Turning of the layer of the solid hatch also turns of the pattern hatch but I would like to keep the pattern hatch.

So, what I would to do is to turn all solid hatches off in the XREF.

Or if that's not possible, turning of the hatches is the original file.

But how can I turn all solid hatch off at once, also the solid hatched in the nested blocks? (or selecting all so I can move/delete them)

Any recommendations?

If you have the capability to change settings in the xrefs, try turning off solid fills (under Options|Display). Another option would be to select all hatches and put them on a separate layer, which you could freeze in the your working drawing(s).

If you have the capability to change settings in the xrefs, try turning off solid fills (under Options|Display). Another option would be to select all hatches and put them on a separate layer, which you could freeze in the your working drawing(s).

The drawing is build in a very difficult way. It isn't original an autocad drawing.

I noticed some "solid hatches" are in fact solids.

Hatches apear in blocks. But there are blocks in blocks in ... some 5 levels deep.

So it is very difficult to select them all to put in another layer. I would need to explode the drawing several times.

In the XREF, set FILLMODE = 0. This will hide the hatch patterns.

In the parent drawing, set FILLMODE = 0, this will hide the SOLID entities.

We got the same problem with all our projects aswell.

We always draw a new polyline around the footprint of the building, everything else goes into the trashcan. :-)

In the XREF, set FILLMODE = 0. This will hide the hatch patterns.

In the parent drawing, set FILLMODE = 0, this will hide the SOLID entities.

When I set FILLMODE = 0 in the XREF, then all hatches are hidden (solid and pattern). I would like to hide only the solid hatches.

FILLMODE = 0 in the XREF could be a last option.