Run commands in succession

itacad

Hello, I would like to know if there is any way to run a series of commands in automatic sequence.

My problem is that I want to automatically run a zoom extension after the conclusion of the command previously launched...

the command in question is part of the commands of an application for autocad and it works by selecting an object...for example like erase command...

I launch erase command, I select an object, I confirm and then I make the zoom.

is it possible? maybe even a series of commands...

Many greetings!

Use a command reactor:

(vl-load-com)
(or *endcommandreactor*
   (setq *endcommandreactor* (vlr-command-reactor nil '((:vlr-commandended . endcmd))))
)
(defun endcmd (calling-reactor endcmdinfo)
 (and (wcmatch (car endcmdinfo) "ERASE") (vla-zoomextents (vlax-get-acad-object)))
)

Look into Macro's that's what their for. Else a script or a lisp, but you have to be careful if you stop or error some where. Replace all the input with say,lisp input checking what you have entered is valid then run the command or entmake with all the correct values. Dont do questions inside the "command" answer 1 wrong and it all falls apart. You can daisy chain lisps if you want but I would use a script.

A script can be called from a lisp its just another call to a command

(defun myy ()
(command "script" "MYYYYSCRIPT")
)

Thanks to both, unfortunately I'm in trouble with your suggestions

For ronjonp: can you please post a complete lisp? I tried to integrate your piece of code but I create errors...

For BIGAL: I've never used a script, I'd like to learn, can you give me the necessary indications starting from the basics?

Thank you again

That is complete code? Load it when your drawing opens then try the ERASE command. IMO this is very distracting, but what you asked for.

Like ronjonp your request is a bit vague. But say erase & zoom extents, copy paste this to command

line and type e3.

(defun C:e3 ( / ss)
(command "erase" (ssget) "")
(command "Zoom" "extents")
) 

Thank you! It works! I made the following "corrections"

(command "_.erase" (ssget) "")
(command "Zoom" "e")

thank you very much!