LISP to Change Rotation Angle of Text back to 0 Degress

Bobzy20

Hi

I have some text in AutoCAD that are sitting at all different degrees, I would like to run a script to basically keep the text where it is but reset the rotation angle back to 0.

Does anybody know of such a thing that already exists?

Thanks

Bob

Hi,

Try this.

(defun c:Test ( / int sel ent )
 (and (setq int -1 sel (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "*TEXT") (-4 . "/=") (50 . 0.0))))
      (while (setq ent (ssname sel (setq int (1+ int))))
        (entmod (append (entget ent) '((50 . 0.0))))
        )
      )
 (princ)
 )

I manually set the rotation of the text to zero degrees, and this is what I got.

Is it really what you want? The text seems to be generated backwards and upside-down, but it is in the same place.

Text at zero degrees.PNG

The text was part of an attribute block which I would have copied/rotated/aligned around the drawing, I would have flipped the text up side down and backwards using the Enhanced Attribute Editor to suit my needs.

When I import it into our bespoke graphical software, its throwing the text out. I think I will need to go back into the Enhanced Attribute Editor and uncheck the backwards & up side down options and then rotate the text to a normal rotation angle, its currently at an angle of 202 but if I go to a rotation angle of 22, it seems to work ok.

Sorry and thanks for your help on this

Bob

I did see it thanks and it worked great. I need to spend some time on it and figure out what the issue is.

Thanks for your help.