Top Posters In This Topic

• SEANT

• jackseel

• xxfaxx

• rkmcswain

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry, my bad

i was using visual basic from excel, but now using it from autocad i can make the command work except with one little thingy. After i select an entity on a leyer with which to focus, i get a new error "run-time error 91, object variable or with block variable not set", and when i click the "debug" option this part "Set objRange = objExcel.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("A1")" gets highlighted in yellow...

I suspect i am still doing something wrong.

I could make it work somehow but i cannot select the objects i want..

I mean, when i activate the command, the information goes right to excel just like that. no preselection..

well, im still learning. I changed your code a tiny bit to get the info in the cell i want.

thanks

It sounds like you're making progress. Keep asking questions and, if necessary, post the modifications you've made. The forum will respond with the necessary corrections.

Is there a book or something you recommend t see what every piece of code means?? Im using "afralisp" website and some other resources to learn autolisp and vba but i think im going to need more. I will post the code as soon as i get to the computer.

the piece of code i edited was this one

Set objRange = objExcel.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("A1")

I changed that to this

[code]Set objRange = objExcel.ActiveCell

[/code]

And that allowed me to get the information to a cell in excel that i had clicked previously, instead of getting the info on the first cell.. i know it is not much of a change. Trying to understand something from all that code (without knowing anything) is quite a challange.

thanks for the link. i will check it out

+1 I'm trying to get started using VBA in Autocad and this is good stuff, though I must say having used Excel VBA for many years, this isn't as straightforward as I had thought it would be.

I, too, learned and did much of my early programming with Excel VBA. As I recall, The transition to AutoCAD did seem to present a conceptual/philosophical variance between the two APIs. It didn't take long, fortunately, to become familiar with the AutoCAD way of doing things. I don't perceive the discontinuity anymore, at least.