text box command

happyunited

hehe dont draw text on the angle then :P. makes it hard to read drawings if the text is all over the place anyway, man when i was drafting on the old style drawing boards if we had text that wasn't horizontal we'd be slaughtered. even vertical text was frowned on becuase it meant that the machinists had to keep turning the drawing to read it

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
from express menu, select text,then.....select Enclsoe text with object...(circles, slots or rectangles)

Hey, thanks, I had not discovered that option! I seem to misunderrate the expresstools, or at least I should give it some more attention.

I set up a leader style for boxed text. The "tcirlcle" command is nice but I didn't like having to move the rectangle along w the text. Using the leader command, I can simply grip the text & the rectangle moves accordingly. I'm still in the hunt to create a multileader that accomplishes the same thing.

I set up a leader style for boxed text. The "tcirlcle" command is nice but I didn't like having to move the rectangle along w the text. Using the leader command, I can simply grip the text & the rectangle moves accordingly. I'm still in the hunt to create a multileader that accomplishes the same thing.

In 2011 there is a Frame Text pick box choice in mleader style, maybe it is in 2009 also.

In 2011 there is a Frame Text pick box choice in mleader style, maybe it is in 2009 also.

Thanks rkent. Yes, 2009 has the Frame Text option but when I use that, the gap around the text is not uniform (more gap on below text than on top). Is there a command/option that controls the gap?

• 1 year later...

Ensure you have seletcted the layer you want your text box to be placed on is set to current.

If you are using the full version of AutoCAD: At the Menu bar select: "Express> Text> Enclose Text with Object"

-or-

At the command prompt: Type in "tcircle" (as posted above by Lpseifert).

An alternate approach would be to use "Express> Text> "Textmask" Command with the "Wipeoutframe" command frames turned on (set to 1).

• 4 months later...

I think this is the only right anwer !!

Thanks T1320

There is a different way.

You can make a table with just one cel !!

its a workaround but it is very useful

not everyone has access to the express tools

• 1 year later...

I see this is an old thread, but top rated on a Google search for the issue.

My co-worker found this solution (for LT, so no ExpressTools needed):

Use MLeader, use Text Frame in the properties and delete the leader arrow.