Dynamic block with dynamic attributes

Helenka

I have dynamic block with visibility states and Lookups. I tried to add attribute (field with block reference property) wich suppose to be updated according to Lookup. But it didn't happen :( Attribute still the same as first lookup props, but if I insert the block(pic1) and select another properties from the list (pic2-3), when open and close the block editor(4) - everything is ok.

Is it possible to solve this problem?

cad.jpg

Did you try on more computers? Can you post the drawing?

Maybe a REGEN could fix the problem -without testing it is hard to say.

Helenka

On big drawings it could be time consuming to regen everithing. Maybe it is possible to regen just the block. I don't have AutoCAD right here but you may try to insert the dynamic block and change its visibility state. If it doesn't change the image on the screen enter in the command line:

(redraw (ssname (ssget "p") 0) 1)

press enter and see if it does the job. If it works you may create a button with this macro.

• 1 year later...

Have you used FIELDEVAL system variable?

Change to 31

its control the automatically update fields

Tools Menu > Options > User Preferences TAB > Fields

• 1 year later...

You should try to go back to your original dynamic block and look at each attribute and make sure that they are locked. If the attributes are not locked go ahead and lock them. Once you have done that re-save the block and test it. That worked for me.

• 1 month later...

Dynamic block with dynamic attributes

When you are in the block editor select the attribute that you want to lock and open the properties dialog box. At the bottom in the misc. area you should see a "Lock position" question. The answer should be YES. That will lock the attribute and retain whatever settings you assign to it, aside from any other attributes.

I hope that answers your question.

• 9 months later...

Hello,

I have a similar problem whereby I would like to be able to change the default attribute when using a dynamic block. I spent ages on the learning curve trying to get it to work, I created a block that seemed to do everying I wanted and I did a "WB" (writeblock) to a file and inserted the block into a drawing to find the attributes did not change like the original block.

I have set up three different visibility states to hide the attributes and to effectively change the code for each type of block (in this case, light fittings). I know I can do it with text, but I want the flexibility of being able to change descriptors. There may be more than one similar type of fitting for example.

Anyone have any ideas?

Is it just a fundamental lack of understanding on my part?

If I "attsync" the block, the same happens.

Surely this is a pretty common type of use for dynamic blocks and there is a workaround or a fix.

I have licenses for up to 2011, but I like 2008, it does what I want it to do. From reading threads, it does not appear the later versions have addressed the question.

Any help appreciated.

Todd.

Dynamic block example.dwg

Edited by McTodd

• 2 weeks later...

Helenka

One thing you can use is the Attsync command it's a quick command for when updating dynamic blocks it's kinda like a regen for blocks. use it after each change that you do to your block.

• 1 year later...

Hi dear friends,

Can someone solve my problem?

I'm trying to create a block attribute with dynamic field for showing which "Y" posision is my block whenever i inserting it in my drawing or changing the "Y" posision...

I had done before but i realy don't know why I am not able to recreate it...

It seems everything is right but however i tryning it is not posible for me!

please help me.

I Attached my file with my old block(it works) and also new block that are not works

Thanks in advance for your helpnig.

Position.dwg