Polyline elevation and LISP...

ramis

Hi everybody,

i've got (again) a little problem with lisp... i want to selection the polyline of my drawing thanks to their elevation to put them on a specific layer (all the polylines with elevation at 0.0 are on a layer, all the polylines with elevation at -2.0 are on an other layer...) but everytime my selection is said nil...

the lisp sentence that i used is :

(setq contour2 (ssget "_x" '((0 . "POLYLINE")(30 . -2.0))))

The problem is for the (30 . -2.0) because without it, my selection is not nil. I've open a dxf to see for a specific polyline how the elevation is coded and it seems to be with 30...

i'm using autoCAD 2006...

thanks,

ramis

thanks for your help fuccaro but it doesn't work... i think that the problem really comes from the (30 . 0.0). i don't understand it's existing on my dxf file: i have note the handle of my polyline and for it, i've got 0.0 at 30... but in when i execute my lisp, it seems to ignore it...

I think the dxf code for the elevation of a polyline is 38; at least it is for a lwpolyline. Dxf code 30 is for the z value of the insert/start/center point of a line, point, circle, arc...according to the reference I have.

thank you for your help... you're right... :)

the code for the elevation of a polyline is 38!!! now, my script is working... but i don't understand why in my dxf file for the description of the polylines i have the elevation at 30 and i don't have a 38 in my file... an mystery of the dxf file!!! but maybe it's not a thing coded in the dxf file. it's generated by autoCAD when a file is opened...

May be you use "LWPOLYLINES" (elevation DXF = 38 ) not "POLYLINES"? Do (entget(car(entsel))) in command line and look entity type. I write to you short code it can work as with LWPOLYLINES as POLYLINES (if you change DXF codes in filter).

(defun c:elevl(/ eleVal polySet layLst errCnt
       lName layCol layErr errCnt filLst)
 (vl-load-com)
 (if
   (setq eleVal
   (getreal "\nSpecify elevation to select polylines: "))
   (progn
     (setq filLst(list '(0 . "LWPOLYLINE")(cons 38 eleVal)))
     (if
(setq polySet
       (ssget "_X" filLst))
(progn
  (princ(strcat(itoa(sslength polyset)) " polylines found. "))
  (sssetfirst nil polySet)
  (setq layLst 
	 (mapcar 'vlax-ename->vla-object
	    (vl-remove-if 'listp
                       (mapcar 'cadr(ssnamex polySet))))
	errCnt 0
	); end setq
  (if
    (/= ""(setq lName
	     (getstring T "\nSpecify layer to move to: ")))
    (progn
      (if
	(not(tblsearch "LAYER" lName))
	(progn
	  (setq layCol
		 (vla-get-Layers
		   (vla-get-ActiveDocument
		     (vlax-get-acad-object))))
	  (if
	     (vl-catch-all-error-p
	       (vl-catch-all-apply
		  'vla-Add (list layCol lName)))
	    (progn
	       (setq layErr T)
	       (princ "\nCan't create layer with this name ")
	      ); end progn
	    ); end if
	  ); end progn
	); end if
      (if(not layErr)
	(progn
	  (foreach itm layLst
	    (if
	      (vl-catch-all-error-p
		(vl-catch-all-apply
		  'vla-put-layer (list itm lName)))
	      (setq errCnt(1+ errCnt))
	      ); end if
	    ); end foreach
	  ); end progn
	); end if
      ); end progn
    ); end if
         (princ(strcat "\n"(itoa(-(sslength polySet)errCnt))
	       " now moved to layer '" lName "' "))
         (if(/= 0 errCnt)
    (princ(strcat (itoa errCnt) " were on locked layer! "))
   ); end if
  ); end progn
(princ "\nNothing polylines with this elevation ")
); end if
     ); end progn
   ); end if
 (princ)
 ); end of c:elevl

Thank you for your code ASMI. it's very amazing to see how easy it seems to be for you to write this LISP code... and i like the term "short". But I'll use it... I will try to understand it and then to adapt it. indeed, I assign manually in my code the name of the layer and then i do my filter to select the polyline with the wanted elevation and i put them on the layer. but this works here because i know that the elevation of my polylines are 0,2,4,6,... but know, i will try to adapt your code to check for all the polyline the different elevation and then to separate them on different layers... not easy (for me...:D )

thanks again for all the time you spend working on this code

ramis

Small error was in my code, copy it agan please :(

If you need help you can ask me. Do you want automaticaly put polylines to layers corresponds to elevations, for example "Elevation -2", "Elevation 43" etc. ? It not difficult task.

thank you ASMI :)!! yes, that's what i want to do... eventhough i don't know the elevations of the polylines of my drawing, i want to separate them on different layers... and if the name of the layer could contain the elevation, it will be perfect.:D

thank you for help ASMI... if i don't know how to write the LISP fonction, i will ask help but first i want to understand your code and to try by myself to write it...:D

ps: i imagine that it's easy for you but i work with autoCAD since the 02 May... so i am really a beginner!!!!!!

i work with autoCAD since the 02 May... so i am really a beginner!!!!!!

Very similar on me. I have started to study AutoLISP after 1 month of work in AutoCAD. It was approximately 4 years ago...

first i want to understand your code and to try by myself to write it

Ok. Because that is able to write programs who writes programs.

• 10 years later...

Hi gentlemen,

I need lisp, which is automatically prepare new layer in every different elevation which opens in a new layer. Layer should be appropriate with the name of elevation e.g : name of elevation is "+15.5" and layer name should be the same name