Viewport lines show up in plot

ziemerd

Hello all. I'm having an issue with the viewport lines showing up in my plot. Is that suppose to happen? It seems that the scale for a drawing changes with the size of the viewport. How can I place the viewport properly to get an acurate scale for my drawing?

I realize that I may just not understand how the whole viewport thing works so feel free to straighten me out. :shock:

Thank you so much for your help.

Dawn

When you draw a viewport, it probably defaults to "scale to fit." To get the scale you want, select the viewport and use the properties box or the Viewports toolbar (2004+) to pick the one you want.

Thanks you guys. I will try putting the viewport on a layer. I also found that if I make the viewport window to the outside of the dashed lines, the lines don't show up.

However, now I'm seeing something new happening that I swear wasn't a problem before. :twisted: When I pan my drawing in model, it pans it in the viewport even though I choose scale to fit. In one drawing, it shows up with part of the drawing cut off. When I click on scale to fit it it shifts the drawing but is still cut off. Then I have a drawing where in one viewport the drawing is to one side and in another viewport it's dead center.

I thought that when you go into paper space and open the viewport and click on scale to fit that it would automatically center the drawing in the viewport window. At least it did on my other drawings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dawn

Im not entirely sure what your doing,but my guess is your clicking inside the viewport in paper space.What you can do is right click your viewport and then go to prpoeries,you can lock the viewport from within the viewport properties box.This should save you accidently clicking in the viewport and changing the position scale of the viewport.

As usual it's complicated. In INVENTOR, which you may have bundled with 2004, it' is very easy and quick to create layouts. There is no viewports.

Each orthographic view automatically moves in alignment with the base view and if you scale it, it automatically scales the others.

Nick

I finally gave up and copied the drawing then pasted it in a new drawing. It shows up in the viewport just fine now.

Thanks for all your help.

• 4 years later...

I'm also having trouble with viewport lines showing up on the plot and preview. I've set to "no print", made the viewport layer lines 0 screen and 0 width, but they still show up ...?