Deafault Text rotation

jamie_bigmac

Hello all

Im using ACAD 2007 and it seems everytime i opena new drawing single line and MTEXT are defaulted to 270' rotation.

sometimes saving the drawing fixes it but often it creeps back in

i've had a good hunt arround in settings and help but im starting to pull my hair out

any help / experiances would really help

thanks in advance:geek:

Guest Alan Cullen

First up, it depends on how you have your units set up. If you use survey units, the horizontal text will be 90 degs. If you have architectural units, then horizontal text will be 0 deg. Get my drift?

sorry i couldn't find any info on the units, any hint?

i've tried everything on styles menu the vertical command puts letters one below the other.

is there some form defaults file that is called up when a drawing is opened, or is made when a drawing is saved?

cheers for the hints there but doesn't seem to have much effect

i have just been playing with single line text and i have noticed that, that also is rotated by 270'

maybe this could eb the key, i cant find any way of changing the deafult though

it has actually seemed to have sorted out single line text but the MTEXT is still mucking arround

thanks alot guys for the help:D

• 1 year later...

I have come across this issue if the current text Style font is set to a unicode font. When they released 2007 Autodesk updated to unicode. On opening an older draiwng in 2007 or newer you may find the current text style (STYLE) upgrades to a unicode font, such as "@Arial MS unicode", or something similar. This is the default the MTEXT window uses. Try setting the font to a standard TrueType font, such Ariel. This should sort it for you.

Mike Shilton

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 6 years later...

Thank you BIGAL, This is what sets it to the default East 0.00

(setvar "ANGBASE" 0) ;; Sets the zero (0) base angle with respect to the current UCS.