Can I convert DWF to DWG ?!

Husain.Aswad

Have you asked the person who sent you the dwf's if they can send you the dwg's? Most firms don't like to release their dwg's so they send dwf's instead. That way you can't alter them. I could probably find an answer for you, but I'm not sure it would be ethical? :unsure:

Guest Alan Cullen

We often send our drawings to clients, contractors, surveyors etc. The only problem we have is that the contractors plot the drawing and hand it out to construction staff. They don't seem to worry about drawing revisions, and quite often we have found construction staff still using drawings 2-3 revisions old.

That's why we prefer to do the plots on request from the contractors, that way they always get the latest revision drawings, but only if they request plots. That is still a problem, requesting plots.

We often send our drawings to clients, contractors, surveyors etc. The only problem we have is that the contractors plot the drawing and hand it out to construction staff. They don't seem to worry about drawing revisions, and quite often we have found construction staff still using drawings 2-3 revisions old.

That's why we prefer to do the plots on request from the contractors, that way they always get the latest revision drawings, but only if they request plots. That is still a problem, requesting plots.

Same reason I always send out PDF plans even if the client demands the dwgs, that way I have a record of what it's supposed to look like when it gets printed...

I post them to our FTP and I only post the current set.

if u weren't sent a DWG file then clearly u dont have the right to have one, its someone elses work not urs

I have a very large quantity of PDFs that we (I say we, I'm actually a seperate contractor handling all the drawings for the acquisition from another contractor) paid for DWG versions of. It's going to take months, maybe more, of contracting arguments before they eventually give up and just convert the PDFs to DWGs, using RTV or 3rd party software.

• 4 years later...

If you haven't solve the problem ,you can try to use autodwg,it can help you batch convert DWF file to DWG file

• 4 months later...