+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Newbie
    AutoCAD 2007

Default Internet courses?

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

I am currently going thur a course online @ penn foster college. was wondering if anyone else has used an online course to get an education like this?
    Sometime i do not think it is the smartest thing i have done but do not have time to sit in a class.
    Any advise out there?

Computer Details
    ReMark's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Intel DX58SO2 LGA1366 X58
    Intel i7-960 Quad-core 3.20GHz 8MB cache
    12GB (3x4GB) PC3-106000 DDR3
    nVidia Quadro K4200, 4GB GDDR5
    Primary Storage:
    150GB Velocipraptor 10,000 rpm
    Secondary Storage:
    Dell P24LLH - 24" wide screen LCD
    See details...
    ReMark's Discipline Details
    CAD Draftsman/Designer...chemical manufacturing.
    See details below.
    I work for a specialty chemical manufacturer. I do a little bit of everything from P&IDs to civil to architectural and structural.
    AutoCAD 2018
    Norwalk, CT USofA

I took an eight week online course through Murray State University's CAD Institute. The price was reasonable. The "textbook" turned out to have been massed produced on a copying machine and spiral bound. It had a great many typos in it. Contact with the professor and my classmates from around the world was via the Internet. The course was "self-paced". I finished in about four weeks. The "hoemwork" consisted of answering ten questions per chapter and producing three or four drawings. Nothing really that difficult. It was generally a good experience but I got more out of a CAD course I took at a local community college. The instructor really piled on the "homework" and our final project was a killer. It pushed me more than any other course I've taken in a long time.
    "I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they wouldn't teach me of in college." The Police

Eat brains...gain more knowledge!

I'm now a full member of the Society for the Promotion of Mediocrity in CAD. Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards! Take whatever advice I offer and do the opposite.

Forum Newbie
    AutoCAD 2007

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Thank you very much. i the only problem i have with taking a course at a college is there is not a college close to me. i would have to drive about 2.5 hours to take this course. I make good grades doing it this way but i would like some hands on training. At my job they really do not have anybody doing this here. That is why i would like to get this degree. I also really like doing thsi kind of stuff
    Thanks again for the info