.net not installed

hiddenline

Has anyone received an error when trying to install express tools?

I received one that said:

.net is not installed. Autocad 2008 cannot be installed without the component. See your system administrator for more information.

Well, seeming as I am a one-woman show, I AM the system administrator! good- but bad.

I'm installing this on a brand-new laptop with Windows Vista. So, I'm not sure why something wouldn't be installed...I've already installed 2008 and it is working fine. This just happened when I went back to install the express tools and materials library.

Thanks for your help!

• 6 months later...

net is not installed. Autocad 2008 cannot be installed without the component. See your system administrator for more information.

Well, seeming as I am a one-woman show, I AM the system administrator! good- but bad.

I'm installing this on a brand-new laptop with Windows Vista. So, I'm not sure why something wouldn't be installed...I've already installed 2008 and it is working fine. This just happened when I went back to install the express tools and materials library.

Thanks for your help!

• 3 years later...

.NET is not installed. Auto cad 2008 cannot be installed without this component. see your administrator for more information. How to clear this error and how to install auto cad 2008?

You will have to download and install .NET Framework. After doing this you can then install AutoCAD 2008.

Note that different versions of AutoCAD may use a different version of .NET Framework and not the latest one available.

From AutoDesk:

• AutoCAD 2008/AutoCAD LT 2008 requires .NET Framework 2.0
  • AutoCAD 2009/AutoCAD LT 2009 requires .NET Framework 3.0
  • AutoCAD 2010/AutoCAD LT 2010 requires .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
  • AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD LT 2011 requires .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

Edited by ReMark