Hatch command

daniel_russell

I have a niggling issue with the hatch command; when I select an area to hatch sometimes it does not highlight the area even though it has registered that an area has been selected. It should make the outline of the shapped dashed to show which area has been selected, then you can press enter to complete the hatch. By not highlighting the area it can lead to not knowingly selecting the wrong areas, which becomes a problem if the drawing is 'busy' and several areas are required to be filled. It is temperamental and only does this on occaision - is this a software glitch, or am I unwittingly changing a setting?

I am using AutoCAD 2009 LT, although I had the same issue on AutoCAD 2007.

Many thanks.

I usually click on preview after selecting area to see if it has picked up right bcs sometimes eventhough it hilights the boundry it does not hatch correctly.

when I select an area to hatch sometimes it does not highlight the area even though it has registered that an area has been selected.

Type HIGHLIGHT at the command prompt and change the setting to 1.

Type HIGHLIGHT at the command prompt and change the setting to 1.

Just tried that and it doesn't make a difference!

Thanks anyway. Any more ideas?!!

• 3 months later...

Hello to all,

I haven't faced the above problem before.

But I need help from any one of you. I am working on AutoCad 2009. I am facing a problem in a HATCH command. When I am hatching a particular area with a RCC hatch then instead of mixture of dots and triangles (i.e. RCC hatch) sometimes it shows mixture of dots and lines.

Plz help.............

When I am hatching a particular area with a RCC hatch then instead of mixture of dots and triangles (i.e. RCC hatch) sometimes it shows mixture of dots and lines.

Plz help.............

It happens if your drawing is too far away from 0,0,0.

to avoid this problem change 'hporigine' or click on hatch origine>specified origine in 'hatch' dialoguebox & pick point closer to the area you are hatching.

I have a niggling issue with the hatch command; when I select an area to hatch sometimes it does not highlight the area even though it has registered that an area has been selected. It should make the outline of the shapped dashed to show which area has been selected, then you can press enter to complete the hatch. By not highlighting the area it can lead to not knowingly selecting the wrong areas, which becomes a problem if the drawing is 'busy' and several areas are required to be filled. It is temperamental and only does this on occaision - is this a software glitch, or am I unwittingly changing a setting?

I am using AutoCAD 2009 LT, although I had the same issue on AutoCAD 2007.

Many thanks.

I have had the same issue with Civil 3D LDC '08 and 09. It happens off and on and is very frustrating at times. I never had this issue with '06 so I have just chalked it up to being a software glitch. It seems to affect me as well depending on the distance I am zoomed out from the hatched area. But like Dipali said, using the preview has always been the solution for me.