How can I plot a dwg to PDF using the lineweights not color?

gtg520w

How can I plot a dwg to PDF using the line weights in CAD not color? I have already assigned layers and line weights to the dwg but when I go to the plot menu the line weight doesn't match what they are assigned. It is usually thicker, or too dark or not visible of any sort. HELP!!!!!!!. I would like to do this without using a ctb or stb. Please help.

I hope this make sense.

i tried that already, but if i have a section and i want an element to be darker than the other the line weight all show up the same and there is no way to distinguish which layer is which. essentially i would like some lines to be thicker/heavier than some and some to have lighter line weight. someone mentioned that they did not use ctb but plotted this to pdf and achieved the same output as a ctb would....thanks for the prompt response

does this clarify the issue or should i still try that method

If you want to have various shades of grey, go for the Grayscale in the Plot style table. Then you can experiment to see which ordinary colours give which shade of gray.

I assume you have changed all your object to have a specific lineweight. You need to change your pen table settings. I would suggest you do a 'save as' before editing the pen table and create a new one. open the new pen table and change all pen lineweight settings to 'Object lineweight'. You can select globally to do this. However note that any object that has not had a lineweight assigned to it will come out with the default thickness.