Need to purge unused scales in xref's

BOB'27T

I have a large xref from a client that is causing me some grief. When I open it, I get a message about it having over 5,000 annotative scales (seriously!). What do I need to do to get rid of them? I'm not a big fan of xref's & things like this make me like them even less!:twisted:

Okay, so I downloaded the program to fix it, although I'm a little unclear as to where I need to put the file. I tried sticking it in My Documents folder, but it doesn't seem to be the right place. Please excuse my ignorance on this!:cry:

From Shaan Hurley's Blog....

Installation Instructions

To install the Scale List Cleanup Utility

This utility has to be installed in the AutoCAD 2008 or AutoCAD 2009 installation folders.

You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete installation.

1. Based on your operating system (32-bit or 64-bit), download the appropriate self-extracting executable file.
  2. Select a folder.
  3. Extract files to the selected folder.
  4. Navigate to the folder and copy CleanupScales.exe, CleanupScalesRes.dll, and CleanupScales.html to the installation directory of your AutoCAD-based product.
    NOTE: To run this utility you must launch CleanupScales.exe from the installation directory of your AutoCAD-based product.

I put them in the root directory of Autocad. e.g c:\Program Files\Autocad

really only 50 scales?

you tried "-scalelistedit>reset>y" , with the dash.

I also use the dbxremsl LISP for batch cleaning.

I got it here, i forgot from who:o

the command is DBXREMSL. really? I use it often when some hot head in the office keeps swearin about their computer hanging :D .

But im not sure if its also compatible with Civil09, but it should work.

• 4 years later...
From Shaan Hurley's Blog....

I put them in the root directory of Autocad. e.g c:\Program Files\Autocad

i jsut put it in respected folder when i try run it showes error..