• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shift1313

• Devilinity

• autocad_designer08

• papagyi

before you create the mesh surface you can use surftab1 and surftab2 to reset the size of the mesh, standard is a 6, i have cranked it up to a 15 for stuff but im not really sure how high of a resolution you can go to.

also since its already created you can use pedit, select your surface and hit S for smooth.

I dont know shift, I tried that too. its was Either surtab1 and 2 or surfu and v. Im not sure if it smoothes it out when it gets rendered.

PS: you dont need to redo a mesh, you could just edit the mesh on the properties tab.

DISPSILH, try this one. From the help menu...

"DISPSILH: Controls display of silhouette edges of 3D solid objects in a 2D wireframe or 3D wireframe visual style.

You can use the REGEN command to display the results.

DISPSILH also suppressess the mesh displayed when using the HIDE command in the 2D wireframe visual style."

Set it to 1 if on 0

I dont know shift, I tried that too. its was Either surtab1 and 2 or surfu and v. Im not sure if it smoothes it out when it gets rendered.

PS: you dont need to redo a mesh, you could just edit the mesh on the properties tab.

Can't use pedit on a made mesh frame

DISPSILH, try this one. From the help menu...

"DISPSILH: Controls display of silhouette edges of 3D solid objects in a 2D wireframe or 3D wireframe visual style.

You can use the REGEN command to display the results.

DISPSILH also suppressess the mesh displayed when using the HIDE command in the 2D wireframe visual style."

Set it to 1 if on 0

It only hides the wire frames in the non-render form

I didnt say anything about PEDIT :D

But mesh surfaces tabulations can be edited in the propoerties tab

Oh it was shift, its not a tabulation mesh, i used a 3D mesh one

Can't use pedit on a made mesh frame

what do you mean you cant use pedit on a mesh frame? how did you create that surface? with edgesurf and 4 defining polylines? or did you do it some other way? I made the same object using rulesurf, then changed the smoothing option to bezier in properties and used pedit to smooth out and pull the verticies in. This will not reduce the size of the entire mesh though, only give you more definition closer to the vertex of the curve.

I have tried changing properties of meshes with no luck, i usually just draw them with higher resolution.

what do you mean you cant use pedit on a mesh frame? how did you create that surface? with edgesurf and 4 defining polylines? or did you do it some other way? I made the same object using rulesurf, then changed the smoothing option to bezier in properties and used pedit to smooth out and pull the verticies in. This will not reduce the size of the entire mesh though, only give you more definition closer to the vertex of the curve.

I have tried changing properties of meshes with no luck, i usually just draw them with higher resolution.

i made a frame and picked it point by point using 3d mesh

im just curious as to why you did it that way. But i went ahead and drew something using 3dmesh and i used pedit to smooth it out. as long as you have at least 3 verticies it works.

meshhelp.jpg

Surftab 1 & 2 for 3d surfaces (you can do with tabsurf,rulesurf,revolvesurf and edgesurf).SurfU & V for 3dmesh by point to point method.After create 3dmesh,you can edit with "pedit" command.

Say the sconce/light shade is a translucent material, like frost glass or polypropylene ... And i wanted it to glow/shine, should i set the shade with a translucent material with a light glowing bulb behind it or should i ignore the bulb and self-illum the shade?

If self-ilum, what setting would be decent?

i would play with the translucent and opacity setting. set self ilum up a little but i would still use the light to make it shine. i believe there are two glass options when you are in materials, and one of them is close to what you are asking.

how can u cut a hole into a surface area? i made this using a loft + guides so its a 3D surface not a solid, so how can i make a hole cos i tried subtract but that only works on object