Change text style of current text

muck

Is there a easy way to change a style of previous drawn text in

AutoCAD 2008. Years ago I though there was a lisp routine by Autodesk

for that.

Thank you,

doug,

I know of one LISP routine that only requires the user to select text that uses the old style and then prompts for the name of the new style. Is that what you had in mind? It was called CS.lsp (for change style).

• 4 years later...

I realize this post is old, but I thought someone might be interested... the command _optchprop (include the underscore) will let you change the style of existing text. I use it to switch between 2 styles called Standard and Standard-Bold. This command is undocumented in LT 2010, not sure about other versions.

I realize this post is old, but I thought someone might be interested... the command _optchprop (include the underscore) will let you change the style of existing text. I use it to switch between 2 styles called Standard and Standard-Bold. This command is undocumented in LT 2010, not sure about other versions.

Nice, I may have to start using that command.

^C^Coptchprop;all;;t;[color="red"]textstyle[/color];;

Just change the word "textstyle" to whatever you want it to be, make one for bold and one for standard, then just click to change the two. Note: this changes ALL the text in the dwg. For something a bit more specific:

^C^Coptchprop;previous;;t;textstyle;;

That will change whatever you typed previously and

^C^Coptchprop;\;;t;textstyle;;

will let you select what you want. You can ad an extra "\" if you would like to window your text instead. You could even just make two buttons for a text command that will start the text command and set your text style to what you want before you start typing.