LDD problem with microsoft access

aussihammer

How do you go about creating the grid? I don't know that I've ever done that with a surface in Land Desktop.

Do you have any examples of what you want it to look like, ie - a final product?

And why would you want to still see the grid after rendering?

No sorry no examples, the screenshot i gave in a previous thread is the best example i can give but its not rendered. I want the grid to show because it shows the movement better than the rendering which tones down the movement to the eye.

Once you have your surface run in TME you use the terrain view to create a grid. which i then extrude the features i want on it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussihammer

• rustysilo

• dtkell

OK. And when you give your presentation to clients are you just showing them on-screen? Are you giving them prints? Or an animation fly-through?

• 2 weeks later...
OK. And when you give your presentation to clients are you just showing them on-screen? Are you giving them prints? Or an animation fly-through?

Sorry its been a while....

We give them prints and onscreen, but it would be good if we could also give a fly through.

My recommendation would be to build your model in Land and then import it into Custom Play Golf which is a video game that allows you to build your own golf course. A past client of mine is using this to create models for their clients. Not only does it allow their clients to see the course in 3d, but you could do a "fly through" for them and they can even play a game on their own course.

You can download the demo version and try it out free of charge. I think to buy the full version is only $40 bucks or so.

Or you can just hire the folks (my past client) to do it for you (model the course) since they are experienced. They don't design the courses. They just model them and put them into CPG2 for their clients as a marketing tool. Very cool stuff they're doing. If you'd be interested just let me know and I'll hook you up.