Network Problem

I think you would need to use a product similar to AutoCAD Vault (included with Inventor I believe and possibly some other AutoDesk software). You basically check out the drawing from the "vault", edit it and then check it back in. I believe the program tracks the details of what was checked out, by whom and when. While the drawing is being edited nobody else can see the changes being made until the drawing is checked back in.

when you open a drawing create some new text, in the text box create a text field, here you you can choose "last saved by" and in the text you can read which user last saved the drawing

Or you can also go to File - Drawing Properties and fill in information there.

Just realised that that requires each person to fill that in when they use the drawing so maybe not viable here. This info is however viewable even without opening the drawing (by rightclicking on the icon and select Properties) so it might be good to know anyway.

Both of the comments above require the coworker who last edited your drawing to actually 1) be honest enough to provide their name or initials and 2) to remember to do it before saving the drawing. Will they?

when you open a drawing create some new text, in the text box create a text field, here you you can choose "last saved by" and in the text you can read which user last saved the drawing

this a good idea, and place it maybe on a in a very inconspicous location on your drawing, like maybe behind a solid hatch hehe!

i bet your Trying to catch a culprit who keeps messing up your drawings :D .

Both of the comments above require the coworker who last edited your drawing to actually 1) be honest enough to provide their name or initials and 2) to remember to do it before saving the drawing. Will they?

Using a text field does not require a user to provide their name in cases where all users on the network have a login name. At least that is my finding after testing it.

The text box is a better way in my humble opinion, because that way then you don't need to rely on people filling out an extra box, which if in a hurry they might not do.

What is the ultimate purpose? To track changes by a user or to prove to yourself someone did indeed change your drawing and didn't bother to tell you? Once you answer that question then you'll know what you have to do. Then all you have to do if figure out how to accomplish that task.

wasn't there some way to call up the history of the drawing (Debuted in Vers. '06 I think) that regardless of if drawing had been closed you could look through and see EVERY command made from when it was a blank dwg? I think this command also recorded who did any QSAVE's as well.

Just to clarify I'm not on about the TIME command.