How do you read the number when using list?

Ronanmckenna

Yes I'm using millimetres. I can't figure how the really long number relates to any room size...eg:

is that 45msq ?

45 754 326 mmsq if you're drawing in millimeters. so that's 45 754 3 cmsq, or 45 75 dmsq or 45 msq.

I don't know how used you are to AutoCAD but just in case, I'll try to explain some things that tend to confuse people in he beginning..and in the end for that matter.

AutoCAD is real easy in one way because you can draw in whatever unit you want. When you input coordinates and distances in AutoCAD, the program just sees it as a number, without any attached unit. You have to remember yourself what unit you are using, and that unit applies to any and all numbers that you input into AutoCAD. So whenever you get a number back (like with LIST) AutoCAD just gives you an number. YOU have to remember what unit you are using when drawing.

This is a very simplified way of thinking, and I don't know if it helps, but I tried...

Wow I never saw it broken down like that ! :o

Thanks a million millimetres Tiger :D

That's how I think when I dechipher mmsq or mm-cubiq. Basically my thoughts go "remove two digits for mm2 to cm2 and two digits for cm2 to dm2" or "remove three digits for mm3 to cm3" and so on...I'm not smart enough to take the whole process in one go.

Would you believe I've been using AutoCAD for 16 years ! Reading the Area has always confused me...till today !

Thanks again.

Would you believe I've been using AutoCAD for 16 years ! Reading the Area has always confused me...till today !

Thanks again.

:) did not mean to offend you in any way, like I said, a lot of things don't make sense until you actually think about it. It's easier to just go along and not worry about it.