Viewport Toolbar - Scale Dropdown List

wsorrell

Hello

I have an AutoCAD drawing that was sent to me from another computer. When I go to scale the viewport it only lists the 1:1... 1:100 ratio scales, not the regular imperial scales such as 1/4"=1'0".

I've typed 'Units' into the command line and all of the units are set up to imperial measurements. I've typed 'Scalelistedit' into the command line and reset the scales back to what should be the default using the 'Reset' button and the list remains the same. I've read every single option in 'Tools - Options' in all of the tabs and none of them seem to have any bearing on my issue.

When I start a new drawing the scale list is 'normal' in that it shows the ratios and the imperial measurements. I've thought about copying everything into a new drawing, but I want to know if there is a way to fix this without copying.

The drawing that was sent to me was done in AutoCAD 2009 Full. I'm using AutoCAD 2009 - Educational Version.

Thanks,

--Wil

The imperial scales dont have to be in there.... you can type any scale you want in there... The viewport scales arent limited to the ones in the list... 1/4" =1' = 1:48.

Sorry

I should have noted that I know the scales don't have to be there and that you can type them in manually.

I just want to know if there is a setting that can fix this or if there is a corrupt file that lists the scales on the machine that created the drawing in the first place.

I work at a college and teach AutoCAD to first year Interior Design students. I've never run accross this issue before and would like to be able to tell students how to fix it other than saying 'Just type it in'

I've gone to the computer in question and it consistently creates drawings without the proper scales listed. All other computers in the lab do not do this. I assume there must be a setting or a corrupt file that can be fixed as the lab computers all have the same image and should therefore have all the same settings. This computer obviously does not have the same settings or it would behave the same way and list all of the scales.

The drawing that was sent to me seems to carry this setting with it as no matter what computer it opens up on, the scales listed are still just the ratios. Yet new drawings on other computers list all of imperial scaling options.

So, again, despite knowing that I can type it in manually I am looking to see if there is a setting that can solve the issue for the computer in general. This is AutoCAD 2009 Full.

Thanks,

--Wil

SCALELISTEDIT, reset

Go to the computer that doesn't give you the scalelist you want, open the template that loads when using qnew, to the SCALELISTEDIT, reset, edit the list to remove the ones you don't want.