CAD freezes while trying to plot 3D drawing

ktpfvr

I am trying to plot/print a 3D drawing. What keeps happening is CAD keeps freezing when I hit ok on the print dialog box to send to the printer. It shows the print progress screen but completely freezes everytime. In that same drawing I can plot/print some 2D drawings. I have tried purging, audit, and even overkill. I have tried xref'ing the 3D into another drawing, I have taken just the 3D to a new drawing, and I have even tried making the 3D a block. Nothing seems to work, any ideas?

Thank you :shock:

what's the printer and how is buffering taking place?

It is a regular Canon printer/Copier. I print the 2D drawings to the same printer so I don't think the printer is the issue. I believe the issue is when CAD goes to Hide the lines for 3D, it just freezes.

Have you tried to plot it after using the HIDE commande before trying to plot the model, this in effect hides the lines before you send the dwg to plot

I'm betting you need to plot it to a file (PDF,PLT,DWF, etc) and then send that to the printer.... not enough memory to spool either that or plot as you are and leave it alone over night and see what happens by morning

plot as you are and leave it alone over night and see what happens by morning

Didn't think of that an i've had to do it a couple of times, this might work.