3D object issue

Daniel_K

a lot of times you will get an image like this if you actually have two surfaces(or solids) that are identical. Is it possible there is a copy behind them? you can delete one and see if there is still something there. you can always use UNDO.

It is a big problem becouse I'm modeling some building on AutoCAD 2008 and AutoCAD 2009 and I have a the same problem. I don't know why? When I start modeling everything is great, then... I don't know when... my object look like in the image.

shift1313: it's not copy...

I deleted another wall end left only one. Problem is still there. It's a realistic visual style and you can see lines that should be invisible... :(

mod3.jpg

what are your computer specs. video ram and graphics card? What happens if you rotate the part around, are those spaces always in the same place or do they move a bit? what about changing the shademode

HDD 250 GB

VRAM 512 MB

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz

Memory 4 GB

If I rotate the part around, the spaces is always in the same place.

Where I can changing the shademode?

you can either type in SHADEMODE and follow the options, or you can use the tool bar. It should be under the visual styles menu at the top. You will have several options including realistic or conceptual, i cant remember how its worded. Switch to one of those and tell us if it appears the same. Im not sure what shademode you are in because it appears to be a combination between 3d wireframe and flat shaded. In acad 08 there is a visual styles manager as well where you can change options but i do not have this version so i cant really help you with that.

What graphics card is in your computer? I have trouble with ATI video cards or a regular basis with several different cad packages. I have had good luck with NVIDIA cards.

try zooming in the part where the unusual thing is and regenerate... sometimes overlapping two solid has crapy visual.... what is the sacle you are using anyway?