3d modeling, all sorts of lines in Concept visual style

OMEGA-ThundeR

Hi.

I got a little exp. at 3d drawing in autocad. To brush up my knowledge i try to make an basketballcourd in 3d (so most of that will be the baskets at this moment :) ).

When want to see how it looks with al the "pretty colors" i go to the "Conceptual Visual Style". It shows all sorts of line that maybe be the "wireframe" for the drawing, but its not pretty to look at.

How can i get rid of these ugly lines ?

You can also see the bolds through the solid (its called like that ?), so that can't be right...

70593phpdEIiFm.jpg

At school i drew 3d in my "free time", but i always have this problem. any option how to make it more like it should be ?

hi,

what do you mean ugly lines?

the lines in the basket rim?

im just a newbee in 3d, and im not sure if isolines command might

help. but anyway you can try it.

Well, beside the lines in the rim, i also can see THROUGH the mounting where i see the 'upper right' screw and i see all the lines that shouldn't be visable.

Sadly i don't have autocad installed at the moment, just got an new computer and still setting it up, but when i get the chance i will try that command out.

At that time i had taken that screenshot i had an ATI 3850, but i seen this a few years back when i did 3d on school compters who mostly had crappy graphics card (some maybe onboard)

Must be some setting i guess, can't look so wrong on that many computers.

And no, those lines are not what i drew.

What do the settings look like in your visual style manager for conceptual? Specifically the settings for isolines and hidden line removal.