Help! Balustrade style problems...

THINKTANK

Hi Guys, this is my first time on these forums so go easy on me! I'm using ADT 2009

Basically i making a balustrade style to go in to this 8 floor scheme, hint's why I'm doing a style and not making it manually. it took me ages to figure out how to make it look like it is so far, and all i need to do now is to get the glass to go the right way!!! it's going at an angle (say 20 degree's, and it's just facing the wrong way).

I've set it up like this: Glass on the Guardrail, Handrail profile on the handrail and the support frame as a block that is overriding . How on earth do i get the glass to go the right way?! I've tried everything i could think of, such as making the profile on different UCS's and rotations.

I need to do this as soon as possible so any help would be much appreciated!

I would post images, but forums won't allow me!

Regards

Adam

I'm currently doing several similar glass and aluminum handrail projects. It wasn't that difficult to get the glass like I needed it, even the trapezoid shapes along the stringers once I got the hang of changing the UCS.

Basically, I just constructed the perimeter lines of the lite by drawings lines from the NEArest points alone the extrusions which make up the balustrades and the top and bottom rails. The top rail in my case is a special extrusion and that took some tinkering. Once I got the perimeter of the glass edges established I then had to get the UCS of the view set properly in order to fillet these lines to form the shape of the glass lite. Now I won't say that I always ended up with a perfectly flat shape that I could PEDIT into solids. But again with a little trial and error I got the hang of how to check for flatness and then either PEDIT or draw a 3DPOLYLINE using the intersections for guides. Once I had a solid I then extruded it to the 1/2" glass thickness. I was able to move the glass into the correct position bu using the PLAN view or other view which made a simple move using one of the orthographic guides.

One of these handrail systems is being installed in a condo on Miami Beach this very morning. It must have worked out because the installers haven't called to complain about anything...not yet.