Realistic Render

vinod

That actually looks fairly realistic. You might try adding lights and such and toying around with the settings for the light(s) and render settings. I've been going through the same thing with a company logo.

how big is your block? under the materials settings you can adjust the bitmap size. it may make the grain more realistic and to scale(unless thats a really small block). Also 09 has two different(actually 4 but two are metal) settings. there is realistic material and advanced material. also you can play around with the other two maps to help the depth of the material.

this was done in 09, standard wood material but i think i played with the reflectivity of it.

SparkPlugPresent10.jpg

SparkPlugPresent8.jpg

lights and some sort of environment will really help you out as well. Do you have the sun turned on?

just looking at your image id say the material map is much larger than your part. Try adjusting the material map(on the materials page there is an icon to the right of the image name, first one will let you edit the map, second one removes it)

just looking at your image id say the material map is much larger than your part. Try adjusting the material map(on the materials page there is an icon to the right of the image name, first one will let you edit the map, second one removes it)

Here are my settings. Please check it.

How can I get a perfect wooden finish shown in your image ?

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

forgot to mention i got the wood material from

http://www.cgtextures.com/

click on wood, and the one i used was 3 over and 3 down. I used the 1600x1058pix download. You will want to use this for your diffuse map. If you want to add a little depth to the wood you can find a rough looking wood image and use it as your bump map.

Here are my settings. Please check it.

How can I get a perfect wooden finish shown in your image ?

You already used "perdefine map" type!...This map type is not easy to handle!

You should use attach wood texture image like as "shift" screen shot!:):)

forgot to mention i got the wood material from

http://www.cgtextures.com/

click on wood, and the one i used was 3 over and 3 down. I used the 1600x1058pix download. You will want to use this for your diffuse map. If you want to add a little depth to the wood you can find a rough looking wood image and use it as your bump map.

Good morning..

I have checked your settings but.. I didnt get. May be I made thing worse.

Here I am attaching my cad file, texture & material details for your kind review. Please look on this.

Wooden Block.dwg

Ren.jpg

PlanksNew0006_S.jpg

You have to upload the wood material too. It's like an xref. If you don't include it, we can't see it when we open the file.

I am using texture image as wood material. Please see my previous post.

I am using texture image as wood material. Please see my previous post.

Understood, but when attaching your Cad files for others to check, you need to include any image files that you're using as textures. Otherwise, all we see when we open your file is the model with all textures missing.

The best thing to do is use Etransmit and then attach the Zip file.