Linear stretch & rotation parameters - need help

yrnomad

I've got a block that we tag on the end of a fire alarm loop. I wanted to be able to stretch the main part of the block in incraments and rotate it in 45 degree increments. I've excluded the text from the rotation but kept it in the stretch so it would move over when stretched.

My problem is that when I start with the rotation after inserting the block then choose the stretch tag (if needed) that the stretching doesn't happen in the 45 degree linear direction, so the resistor wave ends up skewed.:x

So in other words, if I rotate the end from angle 0 to 225. Then use the stretch, the line from center to the resistor "wave" stretches horizontally, not further down the 225 angle.

Make sense?

Thanks for your input...

Ef_Resistor.dwg

But if I were to use scale, wouldn't affect the size of the wavy as well as the length of the line? the insertion is the end of the line that is opposite the wave symbol. What I want to happen is to move that wave away from the block that I attach this block to, in times where I may have tight quarters.

I think that would get too complicated for the users I have.

Our blocks are basically squares and this was to tag on the corners, and rotate to look like it was radiating from the center. The stretch is an add on thought just in case there is something near by to conflict with.

Hey yrnomad i think you need to look at using a Polar Stretch Parameter for this - can't actually look at your block today but will tomorrow :D

should do the trick though

Select the parameter and you can increment your angle type to achieve your 45deg increments in the properties dialog box.

Well, that did most of what I needed, thanks.

Can you think of anyway to get that wavy line head to stay perpendicular to the "stem" line without adding another parameter?