[Excel] Attribute Extraction

Moe`

Software

acad lt 09

excel 07

I'm having trouble getting the attributes that I’ve extracted from the drawing into excel in a readable fashion. The data is all there but it's all in a single column (1 x 19,000 which is just ridiculous). Recently we updated our ver. of excel.

My question is are there things I need to do in excel to make the information displayed in the correct format. Or is the problem in the format that I’ve picked to have the data displayed in (.cdf .sdf .dxx)

Just need to know if this is a problem I fix in acad or excel. This is the first time i've tried doing this whith the new software.

Also when did I become start acting like "the old guy" in the office that is always compling about how the new software makes doing the same task more complicated?

Maybe explain the data you're dealing with a little better? You might post your extraction template and your block too.

At this point it doesn't appear that anything is so bad. If you have a lot of blocks and/or attribute data then there will be many rows of data.

the dialouge box that comes up in 09 is diffrent than any previous ver that i've worked on. below is a pic of it. if there is away to change it back to the former dialouge box i'm unaware of it. thats where some of the problems come in.

att extraction.jpg

No its called Data Extraction in 2009 - typing ATTEXT gets the box up you have there which isn;t what you want.

Go to Tools pull down and click on Data Extraction.