+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Computer Details
    Jaelin's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
    Computer:
    HP Workstation xw6200 (piece of junk :) )
    CPU:
    Intel Xeon CPU 3.40ghz
    RAM:
    4GB
    Graphics:
    NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 PCI 64MB
    Primary Storage:
    300GB
    Monitor:
    HP p930 & HP 1955
    Using
    Civil 3D 2009

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Quote Originally Posted by darn-net View Post
    Jaelin
    What command is shown on command line when you run this "Rescale Blocks/Text"?
    No command shows up. I can't find a command input for it.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less." ~General Eric Shinseki, Chief of Staff, U.S. Army~

Using
    AutoCAD 2009

Thank you to everyone. This is a great and very helpful forum.

Quote Originally Posted by darn-net View Post
    5.Erase all except one. Change object size. Re-array the object.
    This is what I did. It fits in with my current skill level, just above zero. Thanks to everyone for pointing the way. I will next learn about blocks as that seems very promising from the view point of my begining familiarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelin View Post
    If they are blocks:

In Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009 I have a command under my Utilities/Edit Menu that is Rescale Blocks/Text. This command scales everything in place by a certain scale factor. I'm just not sure if this a standard AutoCAD command or a LDC command. I'm thinking it may be a LDC command only but not sure. This command is what I use to scale my blocks or text.
    I don't know what "Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009" is. But it sounds promising. After teaching myself Blocks, I will refer back to this.
    Last edited by Sudan; 23rd Jan 2009 at 04:22 pm. Reason: more info/typo

Using
    AutoCAD 2009

Default wish I knew

Quote Originally Posted by Sudan View Post
    Newbie here, I'm making a ceramic floor tile design.

Thanks to people on this forum I can perform the scale command on a single object. I now want to scale multiple objects all at once.

My drawing is a chess board, simple grid of 1" squares on layer "CHESS".

At every intersection of each four squares, where their corners meet up, i.e., the lines cross, I have one small decorative hexagon of 1/4" on the side. The center of each of these small 1/4" hexagons is exactly on the intersections of the big 1" squares. All and only these small decorative hexagons are on their own layer "HEXA".

I want to scale the small decorative hexagons from 1/4" on the side down to 1/8" on the side. I was able to QSELECT all the objects in layer HEXA. I was then able to scale down all at once to the correctly desired new size of 1/8" on the side

BUT! (you knew this was coming) The centers of each hexagon moved. Each moved closer to the particular hexagon object that I performed the SCALE command on. It was as if the position of the selected hexagons got scaled too.

I know I can perform SCALE command on each object by itself and get to where I want to be. I just want to know if I can do this on multiple selected objects at once and have the scaled objects maintain their center point after scaled.

Thank you.
    I have one that will let you select a block. then you can either scale all blocks in the drawing in place, or highlight a part of the drawing without isolating and it will scale only that block you want.

but,

without it being a block, this lisp routine would somehow have to determine the center point of all the objects you selected. I just don't see that happening. I pray that someone is smart enough to make this, because I have needed it a few times. Always remember to make blocks!

I have been burned a few times by not doing so!
    I thank all of you who take time out of your life to help me. I hope this is not asking to much of those who do help, but could you give detailed instructions because I know only the basics. -Thanks a million

Computer Details
    TJKawaguchi's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7
    CPU:
    Intel Xeon(R) W3505
    RAM:
    12gb
    Using
    AutoCAD 2015

To fix this, I edited the block and moved the center of the block to 0,0. Originally the first attribute (of 4) was at 0,0. Then when I scaled them from 192 to 96 they were all in the right place.

Luminous Being
    Using
    Civil 3D 2016

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Another method delete all items except 1 at bottom left, rescale then just use ARRAY all done no need for a lisp.
    A man who never made mistakes never made anything