this is a great site

rkent

This is a great site. Hard to believe that Autodesk's (a large corporation) is so lame and this one (sponsored by an individual) is so good.

Thank you, and I just found the donation link today so I will be taking care of that soon.

I second rkent's statement. If I had ten thumbs they would all be UP for CADTutor!

No jokes about typing like I have ten thumbs. Thank you very much.

Skipso: You can donate at the bottom of the page for Michael's Corner.

And now you can also find a "Donate" button at the foot of the forum homepage - no excuses. :wink:

In reality we should probably have one of those on every page David - for the threads where a member finds a quick answer to something they've spent 3 days not finding out for themselves :wink:

In reality we should probably have one of those on every page David - for the threads where a member finds a quick answer to something they've spent 3 days not finding out for themselves :wink:

OK, I added the button to the showthread pages as well - good idea. I'm just a bit wary of going over-the-top but I think the forum homepage and the showthread pages are logical places for it.

Cool :)

what would it look like below the quick reply box?

most people don't even know the related threads list exists at the bottom of the page, so perhaps having the donate button below it will make people miss the button?

I'm not keen on the colour either :oops: it's a bit 'demanding' in an odd kind of way :huh:

(picky aren't I? :P )

In keeping with the site, it should be made to resemble a fishing lure 8) (preferably an old beat up wooden one)

1.jpg

haha... very nice idea Max - I like it!

Turning this site into an Angling website... :P

Strix would like the color changed to muave.

I like the fishing lure idea posted by maxwell. It's got a bit of a hook to it. We already lure them (newbies) in with the bait (free help with AutoCAD related problems). The donor's name could be included in the site as the catch of the day!

• 2 weeks later...