dynamic block grip problem

michaeloureiro

hey all,

i´m trying to set up a linear grip at the end of a particular object, but the grip seems to be offseted even after configuring the grip.

does anybody know why this happens and how i can solve this.

i´ll try to post a screenshot.

thanks in advanceURL%5D

Michael, screenshots really don't help when dealing with dynamic blocks. Like our LISP tinkerers need to see the actual code, we need to be able to see how the actions are associated to the parameters and one another. Two blocks may look exactly the same in a screen shot (even one in the block editor) and function completely differently.

Also, re-read the link posted in your other thread about how to add images to a post. All you've been adding so far are broken links.

The problem is basically because of your ARRAY distance. I can't work on this at the moment but have a look at one of my blocks to see what I have done. Also, I would tend to use a INCREMENT distance when I use it with an array. It may not be appropriate here but often is.

TG-WDK2_5.dwg

Try a stretch action with the array action from the one linear parameter. This will give you a grip were required.

DECHAL.

that´s how i did it..

In the file I downloaded there were 2 dynamic actions.

One was a vertical stretch and one was a horizontal array.

To me they both seem to work well. Which one is the one you are having trouble with?

As best I understand you want the dynamic grip of the array to be closer to the block. It is currently too far to the right. Is that correct?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the second page of replies, looks like you are already sorted.

In the file I downloaded there were 2 dynamic actions.

One was a vertical stretch and one was a horizontal array.

To me they both seem to work well. Which one is the one you are having trouble with?

As best I understand you want the dynamic grip of the array to be closer to the block. It is currently too far to the right. Is that correct?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the second page of replies, looks like you are already sorted.

that´s right, the array grip is too far, and i still haven´t figured it out..