Has anyone used ATTEXT command before

joey

I am trying to import the x-co-ordinate and y co-ordinate of the lines in my CAD drawing. I am currently using AutoCAD LT 2006. I was trying this using ATTEXT command. But for some reason I am not able to extract the data I was after. I do not know if I am follwong the right process. I have used these lines in the template file, I have created.

BL:X N006004

BL:Y N006004

I have also included

BL:XEXTRUDE N006004

BL:YEXTRUDE N006004

buf for no use. Is there anyone who can help me. Your help would be much appreciated.

Attext will only extract the data from blocks with attributes, not lines. If you have access to a newer version of full Acad you could use Data Extraction.

ATTEXT is for extracting attribute text info, but I believe also a block insert point. From help, "Extracts attribute data, informational text associated with a block, into a file".

If you converted each line too a block you still couldn't extract endpoints. With LT version, only option that comes to mind is to "list" each line, then copy info from command line to a file. OK another, create a block consisting of just a point, insert at each line endpoint, then run ATTEXT.

Thanks for your advice. list is amazing, but the only problem is I have too many lines. how do you create a block consisting of just using a point. what is the command in ATTEXT for that.