line type ???? stuck

shakn-1

hi im creating custom line types

but when i have a line with a word in the middle it will only come in properly if i draw it from left to right.

but if i draw it from right to left it comes in upside down.......

im trying to do it like this ----FH----FH----FH----FH

thanks!!!

im using the linetype manager and opening the ".lin"

file and making my own

*F-FHR_LINE,FHR line ----FHR----FHR----FHR----FHR----FHR----FHR--

A,12.7,-5.08,["FHR",STANDARD,S=1.70,R=0.0,X=-3.50,Y=-0.80],-3.35

That is par for the course. This is normal when you draw a custom line from right to left. I have a custom program for my linetypes that fixes that issue. It just rotates the line from its midpoint 180 deg.

Works great.

See attached, Maybe you can customize it to your needs.

The Buzzard

CLT.zip

Did you read the program instruction inside the lisp?

You need to place the contents of the CLT.lin in the ACAD.lin File. You also must have the program in acad search path as well. When the program is loaded, Just type CLT to start.

I just ran it and ther was no problem.

shakn-1,

If you had managed to get the program going and it is along the lines of what you need, I can make a watered down version with one dialog with a list of any linetypes you may want to add.

If it is OK with you, I will need the linetypes, layers they are on and their color. Then you can modify it easily on your own later if you need to or I can finish it off for you.

Your choice

Just let me know how it went.

The Buzzard

shakn-1,

I just checked to see why you would get an exit. The program is looking for the CLT.dcl file. Did you place it with CLT.lsp in the same directory and is this directory in the acad search path?

• 2 weeks later...

I figured this might be the best place to post this question since it's related and fairly recent...

I am having the same problem, but with arcs. Reversing it will make it go in the direction I don't want it to. If I draw an arc so the text appears correctly then grip-stretch it to the shape I want, the text still reverses itself.

Any ideas? Thanks!

*edit* For some weird reason, I got an email notification saying I got a reply that said 'convert the arc to a polyline', which I can't see here. Just wanted to add that they're already converted to a polyline... whether it's just an arc or arc converted to a polyline, it's the same problem. Thanks :)

• 1 month later...

The only way I get this to work is to create a copy of your linetype in your LIN file but set the R value to 180 (rotate 180 deg's) in combination with a reverse lisp for the lines.