Convert to Polyline?

vweavers

Using a Raster Image from a scan, I 'traced' a profile into AutoCad. I then made it a polyline, converted it into a block, allowing me to scale the item in X and Y axis when re-inserting the block. I then exploded the profile, made some modifications, and wish to convert the resulting profile into a polyline. However, it will not allow me to convert any of the arcs into a polyline, only the straight line portions of the profile.

I've had to 'remanufacture' each arc, replacing the original one. There HAS to be a faster way?! Suggestions?

:geek:

try setting Peditaccept=1, then use pedit and select the arcs

or you could use this, joins them all... results of the join are kinda iffy sometimes but it will make the selection set plines.

(defun c:pj ()
 (setq pa (getvar "peditaccept"))
 (setvar "peditaccept" 1)
   (setq ssj (ssget ))
   (command "pedit" "m" ssj ""  "j" "0.01" "")
 (setvar "peditaccept" pa)
(princ)
)

peditaccept=1

did not have any effect

I have tried FLATTEN

and

I tried SPL2PL.vlx which converts splines into polylines fine, but doesn't work for this problem.

Non-uniformly scaled Arcs tend to become Ellipses – which are not supported in Polylines. What is the end requirement? Splines and Ellipses are supported in Regions: Would that serve the desired purpose?

Region does appear to work for what I need- Thanks! :shock:

Any other thoughts out there would be appreciated- I may find out later I need more than Region...

Update:

I did find out that when I make a .dxf file from the drawing, and run it into my template mill, the Region area is not recognized! (doesn't appear) If I explode it, though, the template mill will then see it. This whole thing is weird...

The BOUNDARY command would be another option.

Returns as "Polyline boundary could not be derived. Create region?".

Good thought, though.