Tutorial Help

Polstar

Hi everyone, i am trying to teach myself ADT2005 by going through "Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005: A Comprehensive Tutorial" by H.E. Goldberg.

I have already come up against many obsticles! Such as metric and imperial - the book is in imperial and i only ever work in metric!

My first question is about my line of work, I design extensions for private homeowners. I am wondering if i am going to have to change how i conduct measured surveys to suit the procedure for drafting using ADT?

My next question is a more technical one...how do you actually display a floor plan created using ADT? Do you use the "Slice" tool or a section tool?

I am sure i will have plenty more questions in the future and would like to get to know everyone else who is using/learning ADT/Architecture (i beleive they are relatives therefore commands etc will be similar?).

Hi everyone, i am trying to teach myself ADT2005 by going through "Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005: A Comprehensive Tutorial" by H.E. Goldberg.

I have already come up against many obsticles! Such as metric and imperial - the book is in imperial and i only ever work in metric!

My first question is about my line of work, I design extensions for private homeowners. I am wondering if i am going to have to change how i conduct measured surveys to suit the procedure for drafting using ADT?

My next question is a more technical one...how do you actually display a floor plan created using ADT? Do you use the "Slice" tool or a section tool?

I am sure i will have plenty more questions in the future and would like to get to know everyone else who is using/learning ADT/Architecture (i beleive they are relatives therefore commands etc will be similar?).

I started with ACA 08, so there may be some fundamental changes from 05 to 08. Lets see if I can help you anyway.

Look and see if you can get ahold of Paul Aubins Mastering Autocad Architecture (Mastering Autocad Architectural Desktop) I think he did one for 05, his stuff is in both imperial and metric. He covers a commercial building, and a Residence (including addition stuff)

Your floor plans should be the model itself. No need to generate from a slice or section. The only things you will need to generate are details, sections, or elevations. Autocad Architecture is Autocad Architectural Desktop, they changed the name with the 08 release.

There were some major updates and improvements made starting in 07 that might warrant you upgrading to one of the newer releases.

ask away with questions, there are several of us that use ACA / ADT on the forums.

• 4 weeks later...

Can I suggest you look at the following web page

http://www.cadclips.com/

Although the site is predominatly a pay site there are a lot of clips under the free section that will give you the fundimentals. There are quite a lot of other links on this site that will point you good tutorials as well.