Command to move two objects apart by equal distance from point

CRPPIPER

Im Looking For A Command That Will Move 2 Objects An Equal Amount Of Distance Away From Eachother.. And Or Closer To Eachother... I Have Tried My Hand At Creating A Lisp Routine And I Suck...lol... Anyway... Can Anyone Help??

Thanks

For use in creating a lisp, can the process be described in detail?

-what all objects? Block, line, circle, text, polyline...

-what would be considered the center point of all the objects, as a basis for an axis between them along which objects will be moved.

-any other options-move only left/right/up/down, or along axis between the objects

the distances will vary, as far as from one application to the next. the distances will be the same for the 2 different pieces to be moved. they shall move from a common center point.

As you may have guessed from CarlB's response this will not be a command as much as it will be a Lisp routine. Provide the further information he has inquired about. There are several forum members who are quite good when it comes to Lisp. I'm positive they will be able to assist you.

they shall move from a common center point.

And how is this common center point determined, is it the midpoint between the insert points of the 2 objects (blocks, text, circles...) or just a random picked point?

random picked point

i would like to be able to select the 2 objects to be moved

the direction should be a left and a right.... or would be a up and down depending on which angle or view i was looking at the dwg... i do deal with alot of 3-d stuff

my whole deal with trying to get this lisp is that i am a pipe designer and instead of moving a line or object in one direction and then symetrically moving another object the same distance in the opposite direction i can accomplish both in one simple lisp routine.

i hope this helps

i think i have attatched a dwg to show what i am needing

if i have 2 pipes running next to eachother and i need to symmetrically space them out say 1/2" further then i would divide that distance between the 2 pipes (1/4" each) and then manually move one pipe said distance.. then also move the other pipe said distance to have my correct totall distance centerline to centerline.

like i said before.. im not familiar with lisp routines as far as what you put in them to make them do the fabulous things they do... maybee someone can suggest a book or something for me to better understand a lisp routine and the components that make them up and why....lol..

symmetrical.dwg