How to turn on the viewports toolbar

If you are actually looking for the toolbar then go to the top of your screen where the bulk of your toolbars are located find an empty space and right-click. Choose Viewports from the drop-down list.

I mis-spoke. You can right-click any toolbar and get the drop-down menu.

Thanks guys! But I right click on any tool icon, viewport is not in the list.

I am actually looking for the toobar showing multiview. So in papaer layout, after shift into model view, I can change scale. But the tool bar does not show.

Then try typing -toolbar (include the dash too) on the command line. Then type the word viewports. At the next prompt type "S" for Show. The Viewports toolbar should now be displayed on screen. At least that's the way it works in 2007. I see no reason why it shouldn't work that way in 2008.

The OP does mix and match his terminology. References to toolbar in the thread title and dialog box in the body of the thread.

Your graphic above is what I thought he was referring to. Maybe I'm the one that's confused. LOL

Seems to be several different issues being addressed ReM, huh? Sounds like the VP is on a frozen layer, then he needs to find the Toolbar and then scale the VP.