Draw Order for "inbetween"

feargt

Hi,

I've had an unsuccesful search for what I'm looking for. Has anybody come across a macro or lisp file that will allow a user to place for example a hatch over one object and below another object hence "inbetween". I've done some testing with the autocad command draworder but it poduces differing results. I originaly thought that by running the command twice in a lisp would work out (above object and then below object)but depending on the existing draw order of the objects selected the result varies. Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Naturally that could be done but it does not apply to the scenario for what it is needed,

A few users have asked for something like this when they are producing layout plans for a project.

Let me give an example, (I hope it's clear)

I have a hatch representing a river, a hatch representing a new embankment, a hatch representing a new bridge crossing and a hatch representing rock fill under the bridge crossing but extending out over the new embankment

the order of the hatch in visiblity order

New bridge crossing,

River

Rock Fill

New embankment

The rock fill hatch is always the last to be made though and needs to be under the river hatch but above the new embankment.

Any ideas?

Thanks

The above objects are on layers but there are other objects on these layers that also need to be in a different order. For example the boundary of the new embankment(drawn on same layer as the hatch for new embankent) must be above the river hatch.

The order of the objects and layers is for this purpose "non-negotiable". Believe me if it was, I'd change that.

I used to use a program called Isodraw, where the Layer order was the draw order, and if you wanted something "in between," you had to make a layer for it, then put the layer where it needed to be. Simple and effective, but oh, so many layers.

Autocad doesn't operate that way(that I'm aware of), and I'll admit I sometimes find myself wishing for such an option. I've noticed Autocad can be unpredictable when changing the draw order. Sometimes Send-to-Back doesn't do 100% of what it's supposed to do, so Bring-to-Front must be used on the other items, in combination, for the desired result.

Steve

I have managed to find a solution, one that I did not know existed.

The command

"cdorder" allows the user to sort objects by colour, so this appears to allow the users here to do what is needed.

This can also be used with just the command line version -cdorder allowing me to creat a lisp or macro to use on the most common cases of where it is required.

Thanks for all the input.