Annotation Scale

kenny

Hi:

RE: Cad 2009 LT in USA

I have read many posts but still confused about annotation scaling. I work from templates in MS 1:1

To my understanding, I would first need to modify my template by selecting all text, and hatches in my legend and making them annotative in the properties. I then should assign scales from 1:10 to 1:150 to everything so I can view these scales in paperspace.

Is this correct?

What do I do about symbols or dotted lines. There is not an annotation option in properties?

thanks, ken

Ok, thanks. A question about lines - not sure if this relates to annotation.

There is no annotation setting to choose for lines.

I have a dashed line drawn in MS at 1:1 with a line type of .5

In PS, if I have multiple viewports at scales 1:40 and 1:100, the space between the dashes disappear.

Is it possible to see the dashes in MS and PS at various scales?

currently what I do is once I draw my utility lines, I select each line and set the line type in MS according to the final scale.

I would like to create a template so I can just choose a type of line, draw it and have it appear as it should in MS and PS.

I read something about Global Scale factor, but from what I understand that may mess up my template??

Msltscale=1 (will display per the current Annotation scale)

Ltscale=1 (or your preference)

Psltscale=1 (needs to be set in each layout)

thanks!

When I draw new utility lines or other special lines, they default to LT of 1.0

I then have to click on each line, go to properties, and set the LTscale for .5, .25, etc depending on the line.

Is there a way to set the LT scale for the layer so the line I draw will be the correct LT?

Not layer controlled...

Celtscale=[your preference]

but personally I think that they should be drawn at 1, unless there's a reason not to.

The system variable Ltscale is an overall scale factor for linetypes, not to be confused with individual linetype scale factor.

If I understand you correctly.

The Global Scale Factor is set to 1 and MS scale 1:1

I would prefer to draw all the various types of lines at 1, but since the dash spacing cannot be set by layer, the only way to do this is by adjusting the individual line type scale.

To do this, I set the Celtscale, do my lines, then must remember to reset the celtscale for other lines and back to 1 when done. Forgetting to do this can really mess things up. It may be safer to do all the lines, then click on those to change in properties.