importing Custom Toolbars problem's

cadmando2

Hey,

I’m using AutoCAD 2008 and I have upgraded from an old PC to new one.

How do it get all me custom Tool Bars & tool palettes I created in AutoCAD 2008 imported back into new CAD work station with Button images?

First I created the same fold and path where I keep custom BUTTON IMAGE for the toolbars.

Second I migrate & imported AutoCAD setting and toolbar imported.

Toolbars work fine but what happen to the Toolbars Button Images. They don’t show up in the toolbars.

I don’t want to re-attach the Button images to all the toolbars.

I’m going to create customizing Tool Bars and Tool Pallets for other CAD stations and my self.

But how is that going to work? If I import CAD setting in 7 workstations and Button images don’t show up in the toolbar? What did I do wrong?

Is there any place or web site on “how to” set up custom menu, tool bars & Tool Palettes on a server.

I’m planning on having blocks stored on the server along with lisp routines & scripts.

What if I’m updating the tool bars or Tool palettes how will that work over the server with other CAD workstation?

I there a way that Tool bars & Tool Palettes to Automatically update ever CAD station? Or do I have to import CAD setting every time on everyone CAD station or can a lisp routine be created and put into AutoCAD startup suite in to automatically check for updates and install new tool bars and Tool palettes?

Can anyone give me any ideas or help?:)

Make sure of the path to the images.

Go to tools then options and select the files tab and map a path to the image folder.

You should always map the path before loading any buttons that use an image from a odd path.

Tool palettes are a different story.

If you want to use a server you will have to put all block on that server and the tool palette file. Then change the path in AutoCAD to point to the server.

The catch is that everyone path to the server must be the same.

If the server goes off line or is slow you will have issues.