Is there anyway to make a program make an edited dimension standout?

BLOACH85

Is there anyway to make an edited dimension stand out from non edited? such as a text box under a non plotting layer or some sort of identification? if so does anyone know where to start with a routine like that?

this will turn the dimension text to red for all over ride text

change the interger to what color you like.

(defun c:dov (/ ss cnt obj)
(setq ss (ssget "X" '((0 . "DIMENSION")(-4 . "<NOT") (1 . "")(-4 . "NOT>"))));_get all over ride dim objects
(setq cnt 0)
(if ss
(repeat (sslength ss)
(setq
obj (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ss cnt))
cnt (1+ cnt)
)
(vla-put-TextColor obj 1) ; 1 = red
);_repeat
);_if
(princ)
 );_defun

Thanks JohnM now I wan to understand how this was written because i just had crazy amounts of trouble.

Now this is using vla format but its just checking the selection to see whiich dims are overriden correct?

It takes a few hundred programs before you start thinking of the simplest way to write code. Like the code that I submitted.

I want to gather all dimensions that have been over written

I want to make them unique.

The first statement is almost simple except you would have to know that the “over written” part is a property

The second statement is simple but not defined enough. The word unique leaves too much for the imagination. You need to learn how to define an action down to a definitive action. Once you train your self to define actions in extreme detail the coding becomes clearer to you and hopefully easer to write.

Also, it helps to know as much as possible about an object and it’s properties. The more you know the easer it is to figure out a simple way to change it.

If you spend some time clicking on various objects and looking at the available properties in the properties dialog box you will gain a better knowledge of the objects.

• 5 years later...
Heay there, can you tell what is the command for this lisp.

Maybe the one in red?

(defun c:dov (/ ss cnt obj)