Field: Polyline Vertex

I haven't been around here in a while since I've been quite busy, but at the moment I'm quite stumped. I'm trying to generate a field that will give the location of Vertex 1 of a polyline so that I can locate it in a table.

Elaborating, I have a 3D structure divided up into rooms. Along what is basically the baseboard of each of these rooms is a 2D Polyline. In a table, I use a field to display the area of each of the polylines. This gives me a table that displays the area of each of the spaces in a nice and organized manner.

The annoying thing is that this is done in a drawing separate from the actual model (it's xref'd in), mostly to keep the model clean and so that my boss can work on the model while I work on the other stuff. I may or may not be working with the model constantly which is always changing. As I work with the Area report, I run into polylines that are no longer aligned with the original space.

I want to add another field to the table that basically tells me WHERE the polyline that the area portion of the table is linked to, so that I don't have to resort to making new polylines and linking them rather than just moving the ones that I have.

From what I understand of the system, I want the X and/or Y coordinate of a vertex (of if somebody happens to know magic that gives the X/Y of the centroid) to be displayable as a field, but I don't see any way just yet to get it to do that for me.

Thanks,