Plotting contours from randoml placed spot levels

JamesP

I am sorry if this has been addressed before but after a quick search I can't find the solution I would like.

I am using AuoCAD 2009.

I have a site survey drawing from a survey company which covers about 2.25 acres of gently sloping land. There are several hundred spot heights plotted on the drawing. These are taken more or less randomly. they are not on a regular grid of levels.

Is there some way that AutoCAD can automatically plot contours from these spot levels?

I know there is software available to do this from a list of coordinates and levels but I don't have that raw information.

Plotting the contours manually would be a nightmare.

Thanks for any contributions.

I think you would have to have an add-on package to auto plot contours as this feature is not native to AutoCAD. Maybe someone has written a LISP routine that accomplishes the task but I'm not aware of any offhand.

You will have to convert all the spot levels to 3D points. Then I would suggest that you try SITE TOPO . It will do exactly what you want, and is FREE to download. :D

Can you post a bit of the drawing please? I deal with this thing quite often and have developed an approach to it.

Is this a one off, or will you get this problem regularly?

Thank you all for your interest in this problem.

But just let's hang on for a while...

I have emailed the Surveyor who produced the plan in the hope that he can let me have the raw data for the coordinates and the levels. It should be easy then (apparently) to use SiteTopo.

If that fails I will be back.

This is certainly a one off Eldon